We recognize this as a challenging moment in Ghana amidst the breakout of the Coronavirus (Covid-19) in the country. Despite this challenge, we remain confident that with your support and the leadership of the Government,
Ghana will prevail.
As a truly customer focused bank, your health and wellbeing remains the utmost priority to us and with this in mind, we have implemented a number of measures to ensure the protection of your health while we continue providing
you with the best and innovative financial services. Some of these measures are listed below:
A. HEALTH & SAFETY PROTOCOLS/PROVISIONS: STAFF & CUSTOMERS
B. ADDITIONAL SERVICES
- All branches and head office departments have been provided with hand sanitizers and rubbing alcohol for staff to use frequently in order to stay safe. We are also encouraging all customers to do same when they visit
any of our branches. Additionally, all our frontline staff have received face masks and gloves to support their work during this period.
- Furthermore, all travel arrangements involving our staff members have also been put on hold in line with the national Covid-19 travel protocols. All staff who had recently travelled to any country within the last 28
days have been made to observe a 14-day self-isolation period which began on Tuesday, 17th March 2020. Health and safety protocols have also been put in place for staff who show any symptoms related to the virus
such as fever, coughs and difficulty in breathing to seek immediate medical attention.
- The self-isolation protocols and emergency health access cover any staff who has been in close contact with anyone suspected of having symptoms related to the Covid-19 virus.
- Temperature testing equipment have been supplied to all branches and at the Head Offices to ensure the mandatory temperature of staff members is taken before they enter the banking halls and offices each day. Staff
with a temperature above 37°, or who demonstrate the symptoms of COVID-19 shall be required to go to the Bank’s nearest health facility for an immediate checkup and medical assistance.
- Doors to branches will be open for all customers during operating hours to ensure minimal physical contact with doorknobs and handles.
We will also be offering the following services to enhance your safety during this period:
C. WHAT YOU CAN ALSO DO TO STAY SAFE AS A CUSTOMER
- Cash/Cheque Deposit: Cash pickup services will be enhanced to cover more clients during this period. This applies to selected customers only.
- Cash Withdrawal Services: We encourage all customers to use our ATMs and other E-channels such as our mobile and internet banking services for your routine financial transactions during this time.
We further encourage all our clients to also take responsibility for their health and safety by proactively observing the key safety protocols provided by the Ghana Health Service and Global Health Institutions including:
D. FRAUD AWARENESS
- Practising Social Distancing;
- Avoiding crowded areas and close contact away from people with cold or flu-like symptoms;
- Frequently washing your hands with soap under running water for at least 20 seconds;
- Cleaning your hands with alcohol–based hand rubs;
- Avoiding touching your face;
- Covering your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing with a tissue or flexed elbow.
We would like to take this opportunity to remind you of the growing number of fraud-related schemes associated with coronavirus. Please remain vigilant and verify the legitimacy of any organization or individual requiring
you to provide them with sensitive data, personally identifiable information or money. Also note that these criminals are known to use email, websites, phone calls, text messages and even fax messages for their scams.
So if we reach out to you, we will never ask for confidential information such as your name, password, and Personal Identification Number (PIN) or other account information.
In conclusion, I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your continued loyalty, confidence and trust in the OmniBSIC brand. Please reach us on the following numbers in case of any questions you may have:
0307086000 or via our toll free 0800100790.
I remain ‘At Your Service’
Mr. Daniel Asiedu